Monday, June 25, 2007

Trip to the Buckeye State - Part II

Friday afternoon we arrived at my Uncle Tim & Aunt Kathy's house in Canton, Ohio. While Kathy prepared dinner, I got to learn all about Hannah Montana from my cousin Angela and the secret life she leads. Let me tell you, if you don't know much about Hannah, you are missing out :P. We enjoyed another great meal followed by smores roasted on the grill. They were so good that I bought s'mores ingredients at the grocery store when we got back to Vienna.

Kevin and my parents arrived later on that night, and dropped Kevin off at Tim & Kathy's and then headed to my grandparents house for the night. The next morning Kevin, Geoffrey and I woke up at 6:30am, and headed into town for donuts and coffee which we took to my granparents. Unfortunately earlier in the week my grandmother fell down a partial set of stairs and broke her shoulder. So instead of going out to breakfast as we originally had planned, breakfast came to them! No pictures, as neither Grandma or Grandpa Myers had gotten much sleep nor was in the mood for a photo shoot.

When we got home Angela taught Kevin and Geoffrey some of the balloon making skills that she had learned at Kids College.
Kevin made a balloon hat with an emperor penguin.

Geoffrey got really fancy and made a hat with a jet (the orange thing) and a humming bird. Although I don't think it will win any awards, everyone sure got a good laugh.

After lunch we started setting up for the reason of our trip. A mini-family reunion and the 1st birthday of my cousin Amy's son, Aiden. There were lots of fun and games, including a slip and slide, which Angela and cousin Julie's son, Ryan, really enjoyed.





Mom's cousin Mary Beth was very intersted in taking pictures with everyone. Not sure that Kevin and Geoffrey were as interested...
While I was off talking to other relatives, I didn't realize I was missing the hula hoop contest. I ran out just in time to catch this photo of mom. She won the contest, but was upset as I learned she used to be quite the hula hooper back in her prime.

The party ended with little Aiden getting to enjoy his first taste of sugar...in the form of his personal birthday cake. He loved the cake, especially the icing!

Sunday morning it was time to say goodbye, so Geoffrey, Kevin and I loaded into the Jetta and headed home. It was great to see so much family though and we hope to do it again next year.



1 comment:

Kate and Michael Craft said...

Love the jet/hummingbird/ ahem something-er-other hat! :) And its great that Geoff took so many VT shirts with him. GRIN. That's a big introduction to all your family. Not sure I quite followed how everyone is related, but it sounds like you had fun! That's great! See you soon!

-k