Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Good Bye 1980s tile




I have started our first major house project...remodeling the second full bath. The first step involves tearing out all of the old tile and the 1+ inch mortar bed in which the tile was installed. I've just begun removing the old tile as seen here. Later this week I'll be removing the toilet and vanity. The floor tile and bathtub tile will be updated with 12 inch tiles (color TBD) along with a new vanity and faucet. Depending on the removal of the toilet, it may or may not be replaced. Stay tuned for further demo updates!









2 comments:

gohokies01 said...

You gotta have a comments since you worked so hard to start this blog! WOO!! New bathroom!! I will look forward to seeing the progress on your house destructions... :) Oh, and beautiful rose colored glasses...

Liz said...

I love the picture of you in the rose-colored glasses, hard at work. This is a huge project! I love these kinds of things. Good luck! Let me know if you need help smashing tile.....I'm serious!