Sunday, February 25, 2007

Demo is ALMOST done!




After purchasing a pipe wrench and spending quite a bit of time under the small vanity, the plumbing was disconnected and the countertop and vanity were removed. Geoffrey did help out with this task, as picking up the countertop and vanity was just a bit much for me. With the vanity removed, the remaining tiles where chiseled away, leaving just the mortarbed. I dug away at a section of mortar, and exposed the subfloor, which is covered in a layer of tar paper, followed by mesh, and topped off with the mortar bed. It should come up without too much of a problem. After tackling the vanity I moved onto the shower walls. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have all the studs exposed and ready to receive the concrete board. I'll be taking a break tomorrow from the work as its my birthday :).


Here's the big hole in the shower wall...kinda scary to think that behind that insulation is the house exterior!

2 comments:

gohokies01 said...

You have more gutts tearing into the wall then I ever would. Seeing support beams would scare the bejesus out of me!!! Mad props to you!!!

GB Fertig said...

After looking at Katie's house project I was thinking, at least Heather didn't have to do anything so drastic, well looks like I was wrong!