Sunday, August 12, 2007

South Carolina Part I - Hilton Head Island

Early Saturday morning, August 4th, Geoffrey and I loaded up the Jetta and headed south for the annual Buescher family vacation. Each year Geoffrey's parents and aunts/uncles rent a fantastic house on Hilton Head Island and all the cousins (well those who can make it) join in on the fun. This year we were one family short, as Uncle Howard, Aunt Monica, Ben & Jack were in Scotland for a bag pipe competition. Everyone had a great time as usual.


A view of the living room, taken from the second floor balcony.


Repairing the net used to catch fishing bait became a family affair with Geoffrey, Peter and Jerry all joining in on helping their dad prepare the net.


For the first time in the past 2 years I actually ventured down to the beach. I am not a big beach person, nor a huge fan of the sun, but thanks to my new beach umbrella I managed to enjoy a few hours at the beach for the weather turned too hot.


Amy (far left) had the great idea for everyone to create paper hats with the leftover newspaper. Such talented folks we were on vacation with!


Wednesday morning we awoke to what appeared to be rain on the windows, but was actually condensation. The high that day with the heat index was 115. Most of us decided that the pool was a better place to spend the day than the beach.


Dr. B having a great time splashing around in the pool.


Sisterly love :)


Our last night in Hilton Head we went on a nice bike ride around the Palmetto Dunes golf course and ended with a beach walk. Amy discovered a sea star that had washed up, and let me do the honors of sending it back to sea. After posing for this picture (I was quite proud of my rescue) I threw the sea star back into the water. Hopefully the little guy will make it.

Thursday morning it was off to Aiken to visit my parents. More to come after I go through and color correct the photos. Thanks to Mom Buescher for the use of most of the photos I posted from this trip!

1 comment:

Kate and Michael Craft said...

wow that house looks like it was pretty nice! Glad you had a nice vacation and that you got to save a starfish! :)