Wednesday, August 15, 2007

South Carolina Part II - Aiken

Thursday morning after breakfast, Geoffrey and I packed up once again and headed to Aiken, SC to visit with my parents. This is the 3rd year we've done the Hilton Head-Aiken vacation and it works out quite nicely. This trip we headed to beautiful Hitchcock Woods, which is the largest urban forest in the U.S. The woods is amazing and has all sorts of trails and different points of interest. Due to the extreme heat wave, we went out early in the morning and only did two of the walks.

The Spanish Moss Trail



I had some fun with this picture, using the monochrome option on my color correction software :).
The Chalk Cliffs were definitely my favorite site. It was amazing to just be hiking through the woods and then come across this !



So the cliffs aren't quite as big as I thought they would be, and hopefully this picture with my dad will give you an idea of the size/scale.

Geoffrey studying the map...and looking quite suspicous!


A spider web we encountered along the way. I only got one shot off, as my dad walked through it before I could check and see if the picture came out. Luckily, by shooting raw, I was able to adjust the color and lighting of the picture to make the web much more visible than it initially looked on camera.

We had a great time on both of our SC legs and are already looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

Kate and Michael Craft said...

ooh, spanish moss. Just lovely! :)