Friday, November 16, 2007

Small World

First, we haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Geoffrey and I were lucky enough to sneak away for a vacation before little Isabel arrives in March.

Anyways, 3 events have happened this week that really make me believe that the world is much smaller than we think.

1. Monday morning I got an email from one of the 10 girls in my "pregnant moms' meetup group." She happened to notice a picture in my profile and one of my pugs looked very familiar. When she saw his name was Gizmo, she decided to email me letting me know how much he looks like the Gizmo her brother in Fredericksburg had to give up due to allergies. Well, Gizmo did indeed come from a guy in Fredericksburg who was allergic, so I sent him his name. Turns out the Gizmo is one and the same! She said how delighted her brother was to hear that Gizmo had indeed gone to a good home.

2. In talking to my new office neighbor this week, I learned that he moved here from Florida, and used to work for Pratt & Whitney. I mentioned that Geoffrey had once co-oped there and he said the name actually sounded familiar. I told G about it, and he said "do you knwo how big pratt is?", but I told him the guys name anyways. He said it did sound familiar, so I told the guy what area Geoffrey had worked in. Turns out Geoffrey co-oped with the guy back in spring of 97!

3. And finally the not-as-great, but still crazy coincidence. While reading the Washington Post Wednesday morning, Geoffrey points to an article http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/13/AR2007111302033.html and picture and asks "does she live in our neighborhood?" I said "no, thank goodness, but she does look familiar." About 15 seconds go by when I blurt out "I think she was in our baptism preparation class!" Turns out, it is the same lady who attended the class with her husband, as their daughter was getting ready to be baptised.

So, in the past month I've met the former "sister-in-law" of Gizmo, a 10 year old co-worker of Geoffrey's and a lady who is in some serious trouble with the U.S. Government. Just crazy.

Have a great weekend everyone and stay tuned for pictures from Greece :).

2 comments:

Kate and Michael Craft said...

wow, that's crazy about that woman! but really cool about the connection with Gizmo's ex-owner. :)

Can't wait to see the Greece pictures!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of the pugs why did you get rid of their picture?