Monday, January 14, 2008

Mommy Filled Weekend

On Saturday Megan hosted a lovely baby shower for me and Isabel. The theme was "afternoon tea" and we dined on scones with clotted cream and jam, cucumber sandwiches, teach cookies and caramel apple crumb cake. We played some fun games and Isabel received many fun gifts. The best part though was spending time with such a great group of women. Isabel is very blessed to have so many people ready to welcome her. And she'll certainly need these women, since she is currently lacking in the Aunt department.
The beautiful display of food and tea.
I got to get some good baby practice in with Megan's 6 month old son, Nathan. He's such a good baby and I hope that Isabel was taking good notes.

Of course everyone who attend the shower was special to me (and Isabel) but I'll mention 2 of them. Here I am talking to Kathy Evans who has known me since the day I was born and threw a baby shower for me and mom, before I was born.

Katie even flew in from Atlanta for the shower!
We played three games at the shower, and the most fun was the "guess the baby item game." First I had to be blindfolded and guess about 15 common baby items (diaper pins, baby food, baby spoons etc). Since Geoffrey happened to be home, we all decided it would be fun to have him give it a go. Although he didn't get a perfect score like mommy, he did a great job hamming it up. It also showed me that I should probably start some basic baby lessons, as he had never heard of "butt creme."

Group shot
Sunday was followed up by more mommy fun, when I hosted my pregnant moms' group. There are 11 of us in the group and we all have due dates within a month of one another. We get together to eat, socialize and talk about all the fun changes going on with our bodies that most of our non-pregnant friends and spouses probably get sick of hearing about. Yesterday's meetup also doubled as a breastfeeding class. Here's the group (minus 3 gals) with our dolls, who helped up practice the various nursing holds.


What a fun weekend! It is still hard to believe that Isabel should be arriving in about 2 months. We can't wait to meet her. The nursery is just about done (will post pictures when it is complete), but it isn't too much of a worry since she'll be sleeping in our room for the first couple of months. We still need to install the car seat bases and have them inspected, and I need to pack my hospital bag. We'll be starting our child birth classes in the next few weeks and be meeting with our doula (if you aren't sure what a doula is, try google :) ). I'm really looking forward to the child birth classes and am glad that Geoffrey is being so supportive with everything.

1 comment:

Kate and Michael Craft said...

So glad I got to be a part of the shower!! And I'm so happy you and Isabel are doing so well. Can't wait to meet her myself!

lots of love!
-k