Thursday, May 29, 2008

June 10th is approaching fast...

June 10th is the day I go back to work. I woke up this past Tuesday and realized that two weeks from that day, I wouldn't be laying in bed at 8:30, getting ready to go and get Isabel. I would instead be at work. And although it made me a little sad, I think that returning to work with my part-time schedule will be good for me. I do miss the problem solving that I am constantly facing at work, and believe that part of my brain is craving some serious exercise. And I'm hopeful that the transition won't be too bad, as my wonderful parents are coming to visit for my first 2 weeks back to watch Isabel.

But enough of that...I still have 11 wonderful days left with our little baby and even after that I'll still get to spend most of my time with her :)
First, a picture that Grandma Buescher sent from her visit last week...

Dad is a pretty silly guy!


Geoffrey took last Friday off so we enjoyed a nice 4 day weekend together. Saturday evening I propped Isabel up in a chair while I prepared to swaddle her. She just looked too silly sitting there in the big chair that we had to snap a few pictures before continuing with the swaddle.



Mommy imitating Isabel



Uncles Kevin and Eric came over on Sunday afternoon for what seemed to be the most perfect day. We sat out on the sun porch and enjoyed the breeze and lack of humidity. Later on we fired up the grill and ended the evening around the fire pit with s'mores. Yummy. We decided that every Sunday should be grill day and hope to have a repeat this weekend. I really think that the Uncles just want to have an excuse to visit with their niece. It melts my heart to see them both with her, and to see them "fight" over who gets to hold and play with her.





And some things never change...like Geoffrey and Gizmo napping

Isabel continues to enjoy her activity mat and has really gotten the hang of the rings. She actively grabs and reaches for them, and is so delighted when she can swing it from side to side. It is so much fun to watch her smile and concentrate on those rings.

Since she enjoys the rings so much, I attached some to her swing. She had a ball with those and was extra excited when a few came loose...and straight to her mouth they went. I suppose that is better than her attempts at shoving her fist in her mouth. Hopefully in the next month or so that "darn thumb" will finally come free.







Here's hoping for another gorgeous spring weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... she is just TOO CUTE!!!! :) :) :)
-Coelle

Kate and Michael Craft said...

hey! Glad you had a nice weekend! I so can't wait to meet her! -k