Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Where is Thumbkin?

Yes, I know, it has been a while. But hopefully the blogging will be picking up again, as Isabel is now fascinated with Ocean Wonders activity mat and loves staring at the purple octopus, mirror and grabbing on the rings. She is currently playing on the mat next to me and kicking her little feet and holding onto a ring attached to a turtle. We are also listening to some fun music...and although I don't plan on ever allowing a baby einstein DVD into my home, I must admit that baby Einstein has some great kid music. Anyways, before I start talking about how much I love children's music and get distracted by dancing away to "Do Your Ears Hang Low"...



So first, a little recap:



We celebrated Mother's Day the night before as Geoffrey had to leave for an out of town trip Mother's Day morning. Isabel and I had a fun week together but were both very happy when Dad returned 5 days later. During the week we went on a few walks and took lots of naps, as I didn't get near the sleep I was used to since my second half was missing :).



Isabel and I celebrated her 2 month birthday by heading to the pediatrician for her well baby appointment and first round of vaccines. Isabel was oh so excited to get 4 shots (2 in each leg) and the rotovirus vaccine in her mouth. She weighed in at 11 pounds 10 ounces and is 23 inches in length. She is a growing girl! No pictures of that, but I did get this shot of her "dancing" in her crib.










This past Saturday Isabel and I headed to Richmond for a girl's weekend, in honor of Carla and her upcoming wedding. We started the day at one of Mommy's favorite places from high school, Bottom's Up Pizza.



Next we headed to Carytown and All Fired Up to paint some pottery for Carla. Isabel did really well and I even did some painting with her in one arm.





A very exhausted Mommy and Isabel headed home Sunday morning. Grandma Buescher was up in DC attending a conference and spent the past 3 days with us. Unfortunately the pictures of her visit are on her camera, and will have to be posted at a later date.




And although Isabel still doesn't love tummy time, she is definitely getting better at it and gaining some good head control.






Monday Isabel really started getting into her activity mat. I set her down on the mat so I could finish icing Geoffrey's belated birthday cake and I turned around to see her holding onto a ring. Thank goodness I always keep a camera close by. She was as happy as could be just moving and staring at the little creatures hanging from above.





And finally, "Where is Thumbkin?" Isabel is still desparately searching for her thumb, and finally discovered it again this morning. She was quite pleased with herself and spent the rest of the day looking for the mysterious thumb.




We'll be sticking close to home for Memorial Day and hopefully will take a lot more pictures, and maybe even some outside if it ever decides to stop raining and warm up here!


3 comments:

Kate and Michael Craft said...

Such cute cute pictures!! I love the one you have as your blog title pic. Super sweet. :) We're starting to pack things up up here! Crazy to think of moving next week!

lots of love! -k&m

Victoria said...

Good-Golly... that is a cute baby. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day. Love to you all.

Natascha said...

I can totally start to see you in Isabel, Heather! She's adorable. And growing so fast!!