Friday, June 20, 2008

Bye Bye Grandma & Grandpa

Isabel here again. Mommy has to do some "real work" today, and Dad is working late, so I decided to take blogging over, to make sure that everyone can be updated on our wonderful week. I'm still not sure what this real work is, since I think I'm plenty of work by myself.

Grandma and Grandpa Schaeffer left for Aiken, SC this morning and I was sad to see them go, as I had such a great time with them the past two weeks. On Mommy's work days we always started the day with a walk, and some days I even got to go on two walks! Grandma taught me quite a few new songs, my favorite being "Boop Boop Diddum Daddum Waddum Woo." Mommy kept calling home to see how I was doing, and sometimes I got to say hi. I've been told that Dad will be watching me on Mommy's work days next week and that we'll be getting hardwood floors installed. I'm not so sure that hard floors are a good idea, as they sound pretty uncomfortable, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Mommy's first week back I thought that if I refused my bottle, Mommy might come home sooner. Well, my plan didn't work so well, and by this past Tuesday I realized that the bottle wasn't so bad, and was much better than not eating while Mommy was at work. This seemed to make everyone happy, especially Grandma and Grandpa, who didn't have to hear me get up 3 times at night :).


I'm continuing to work on my rolling skills, and more importantly, have avoided Mommy and her camera for the most part. Wednesday I wasn't quite fast enough and Mommy did manage to capture the second half of my rolling over on video.




Wednesday I went to Maggiano's with everyone. I hear a lot about this place and was hopeful that I might actually get to try some of the food. Mommy wanted to take some pictures, but nobody seemed interested in cooperating. She took some anyway :).



I actually spent most of dinner sleeping, but did wake up just in time for the entrees to be served.

When daddy moved me to his lap I thought for sure the plate was for me. But he didn't let me try any of the food, so I decided to go back to sleep.

Mommy forgot my diaper bag, which had a blanket it in, so she used an extra napking to help keep me warm while I slept.

Well, speaking of sleep, I think its time for me to take a nap, as Mommy just caught me and says I'm acting a bit cranky.

1 comment:

Kate and Michael Craft said...

Wow Isabel! Glad you had such a great time with Grandma and Grandpa and that you are taking your bottle now! Yeah! And congrats on your rolling over skills! You'll be crawling before you know it! :)