Thursday, June 12, 2008

Roll Over...Roll Over

After spending 12 wonderful weeks at home with Isabel, I returned to work last Tuesday. I had been dreading this day for quite some time, but it wound up being easier than I thought it would. Not that it was easy, but after getting used to putting on my "work hat" I was able to focus on my job, and not fixate on the fact that I wasn't at home with Isabel. I even felt a little guilty at first, as I didn't have to worry about anyone but myself while I was at work...a very weird feeling after putting myself second for the past 3 months. Isabel was just as happy as could be when I got home, gave me some smiles and then went back to battling it out with her octopus friend. She is enjoying her time with her Grandma and Grandpa, except for that awful bottle, which she still isn't fond of. Here are some pictures from this past week.

Isabel really enjoys grabbing burp rags and playing with them...including cover up her eyes. She also has figured out she can use her legs to wack all of her sea creatures.


Although Isabel isn't old enough to safely sleep with her duck yet, she enjoys spending time with her during the day under the supervision of mommy and dad.

Isabel figured that if her turtle toy can fit his head into his shell, she might as well try it too.






Naked tummy time! Isabel had a little bit of diaper rash, so we let her enjoy some naked tummy time. She loved it and really started pushing up more than she had.

Isabel also has learned how to email, and surprised Mommy with the following email at work on Friday:
"hi mommy! dad and i are hafing a graet day tooday. i had tummy time and then got to play on my mat with my octipus and wale. i fell alseep after that with dad and he put in my swing, but i woke up and was board in about 5 minits. but then he picked me up again, yay! and i fell back to sleep. i stayed asleep till grandpa came down, and then he held me some. we played some more, and then grandma and grandpa took there walk. i played on my mat some more and then had brekfest about 9-15. i was really really really good and drank 2 ownses. then dad changed me and we watched my airplane mobile--it was realy fun and i laffed and smiled when dad made the airplanes zoom around real fast! then dad read me go dog go. i dont get it. then i played on my mat some more but wasnt real into it cause i was getting tired. so now i think i will go take a nap in my swaddle and crib. bye mommy, i luv you! see you this afternoon!"
We had a wonderful first Father's Day, though mommy was slacking and didn't take many pictures. We started the day with mass, followed by a trip to Dunkin Donuts. Later in the day we watched the US Open, combined with a BBQ and ice cream sundaes. Grandpa Schaeffer started teaching Isabel about golf and Tiger Woods. Maybe in a few years she'll get to give the sport a try when visiting Grandma and Grandpa.

And if you couldn't have guessed it from the Blog title...Isabel is now rolling over! This morning I was getting my cereal together when Grandma and Grandpa called me in. Isabel was on her belly for tummy time and really working her arms and legs. All of a sudden she put it together and flipped over. She did it a second time, and finally I decided to find my camera. Well by that time she had did it a third time and decided enough was enough. She rolled over a couple more times today, but by late afternoon she'd had enough. So a picture will have to wait for another day.
Well, tomorrow is a work day, so its time to go and get those icky bottles together. Hopefully Isabel will become more accustomed to them, otherwise Mommy is in for some long nights of making up for lost milk during daytime hours :).
Stay tuned for rolling over pictures!
























2 comments:

Kate and Michael Craft said...

Congrats on first father's day Geoff! And congrats Isabel on learning to roll over! Now you can move around when mommy and daddy aren't looking!! :) lots of love to you all! -k&m

Natascha said...

I can't believe how much she's growing - it's beautiful to see! I absolutely LOVE the picture of her having naked tummy time. That one's a keeper. Looks professional ;). And re: returning to work, I hear you..did the same exact thing (part-time etc). I think for me it was mostly about feeling comfortable with the caretaker...and luckily we do...so I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find the same peace :).