Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy New Year

I realize I'm a bit late with the New Years greetings...

We rang in the new year a bit early by celebrating the wedding of our friends Randy & Katherine. We had a great time catching up with Carla, Jonathan, Martha & Patrick, but had to leave before the official new year to get Isabel to bed.

Isabel continues to perfect her crawling skills and has gotten quite fast. Never wanting to stay in one place for long, she is always off trying to explore new areas of the house. She has started cruising along the furniture and even climbed up the whole flight of stairs earlier in the week (with Mom right behind her). Time to get a gate at the bottom of the stairs! (we already have one up top for the dogs).

Isabel had her 9 month checkup last week (at 9 months, 3 weeks) and she is growing like a weed. She remains in the 85% for height and has dropped down a bit to the 50% for weight. The pediatrician thinks she is going to be long and lean...just like her dad and mom I suppose. She continues to enjoy her solid food and is eating more "chunks" of food (cheese, chicken, pita etc) in small pieces. We'll go back on the 16th for her 1 year checkup, which I just can't believe. I'm sure this is something all moms and dads go through, but the time has just flown and I wish I could slow it down. Yesterday at work when I went to pump, I even got a little sad thinking about the fact that I would soon not need to pump anymore! As much as I don't like pumping, it is nice to just stop those few times during the work day and do something for Isabel.

And now for some pictures.

Isabel loves to crawl after the dogs. Here she is wacking General with her small pink elephant.

Ready...Set...GO! Isabel and General preparing to race.

Isabel has been getting tips from Dad on how to play the xylophone (its Dad's favorite toy).


Although not so interested in reading the books yet, a favorite activity is pulling up on the shelf and removing all the books by dropping them onto the floor.



Playtime! Last Friday Michael, my friend Liz's son, joined us at home for the evening while his parents were on travel. They had fun playing and it was interesting watching 2 babies at once. I was very happy that Geoffrey was also there to help.


Isabel wasn't too sure about the whole "sharing" concept. "Wait, what? You want to play with my hippo?!?!"

Isabel, General and Gizmo looking for squirrels.
Once again, who needs toys when you can play with kitchen gadgets. Isabel discovered the stack of strainers that I have under the microwave. I have now given here a few for her kitchen "toy box" and the rest will be stored away, safe from Isabel drool.

Painting the bucket with a basting brush. The basting brush is her favorite "toy" of the kitchen items I have given her to play with. I never realized it could have so many different uses!

1 comment:

Kate and Michael Craft said...

oooh, she is just so super cute!! Thanks for the pictures. She looks like she has a great time and that the pugs and her have a fun time together! much love!
-k