Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Not SNOW Wonderful

The forecast was calling for snow today, so I was quite excited when Geoffrey told me it was snowing as he got back from walking the dogs. To keep with the snow theme, I dressed Isabel in her "think snow" long sleeved onesie and we headed to daycare and then work. The snow continued to fall so I decided to leave work a couple of hours early to pick up Isabel well before the evening commute. After a failed attempt at a nap (I think she is teething) I decided that Isabel needed to experience the white stuff for herself. I put her in the 24 month snow bibs that I had purchased for next winter, rolled up the legs and layered on a couple sweaters and her little fleece coat. I did put mittens on her but she kept pulling them off as soon as I had one on, so I gave up, knowing I wouldn't keep her out long enough to matter. I grabbed the camera and we headed outside. I set her down in the backyard and before I could even raise the camera to my eye level, she had plunged her hand into the snow and I was met with the expression below, combined with some very loud cries (screams) of displeasure. Oh how I wished that I had chosen to video that first snowy moment instead of photographing it!










I wiped off all the snow from her hand (after taking the 2 pictures above) and tried to get her to smile, but she was having none of it. She just kept looking at her hand and wondering what in the world had just happened.















So the 15 minutes it took to get all bundled up was followed by less than 30 seconds of fun in the snow. Hopefully next year she'll get to enjoy it a bit more :). We headed back inside and I took off all the snow clothes, and replaced her wet shoes and socks with a pair of fresh socks.
With her favorite kitchen "toy" and yoohoo friend (that pink furry thing) she was feeling much better.




Stay warm everyone!



1 comment:

Kate and Michael Craft said...

classic pictures! She'll have fun looking back at those. :) And that pic of Gizmo's tongue at the end is crazy funny! Glad you got some white stuff. Wish we would get some. :)