Wednesday, March 4, 2009

In the Great Green Room

We don't have a telephone, red balloon or a picture of the cow jumping over the moon (have you figured out what I am referencing yet), but we do have a nice green room for Isabel to play in. Anyone that has ever been to our house knows that I usually tend toward the neutral side of things, sticking to soft earth tones. But, a few months ago when the PB fall catalog arrived it showcased a room painted in this bright and cheery color called Jalepeno Pepper. After flip flopping for months on whether to paint the playroom this color or a light gray, I took the plunge and couldn't be happier. We love the new color of the room and I'm so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone. Now I get to work on some fun artwork (the current airplane art will move to the office), new curtains (since the old ones were beige) and throw pillows. I'm on a hunt for fabric, as PB wants to charge $25/yard for the serafina fabric I love, and I'm not going to be paying that! Once the weather warms up, we are planning to do built in cabinets/bookshelves around the fireplace (the green storage bins will stack in shelving underneath the bookshelves). The brick will get painted or covered by stone and I'll build a new mantel. Stay tuned for the transformation :).



The "thing" stuck in the upper left hand corner is a Pteranondon that Geoffrey and Grandpa B made in early Feb. It is made entirely of cardstock and is pretty darn cool. Isabel loves it, especially when Dad imitates the sound of a Pteranondon.




Isabel had fun testing out my new grilling basket that I received as a birthday present. The thing is heavy and I was impressed that she could actually pick it up.



Licking the spatulas clean after I made her roasted red pepper and white bean puree. You can also see that massive amount of snow we got Sunday night...close to 8 inches.


And of course some pictures of Isabel's favorite past time...harassing err hanging out with the pugs.













Isabel will be turning 1 in a week and a half...eek! We can't wait to celebrate with her and are also looking forward to having both sets of grandparents visit. It will be a fun filled weekend of food, cake and fun :).























3 comments:

Kate and Michael Craft said...

Wow, love that green! It looks great! Good luck prepping for the 1yr b-day! So exciting! :)

GB Fertig said...

I really like the green a lot!

Natascha said...

LOVE the green!!!