Monday, July 13, 2009

Cows, BBQ and Purses

I'm still working on catching up the blog from our Ohio trip, but these pictures were easy enough to upload.

This past Friday was Chick-fil-A's annual "dress like a cow day." I'm sure Isabel will give us a hard time one day, but hey, isn't it worth dressing a little silly for some free Chick-fil-a? I should have taken pictures before we left, since by the time we got home Isabel was ready for her bath and bed, but did semi-cooperate for these photos. I should have made Geoffrey put on his cow ears...but I am not that cruel :).


On Saturday we had a big cookout at the house. We usually have an annual Christmas party, but have decided that a yearly summer BBQ is the way to go, where kids can run around without risk of breaking furniture and there is more space. We did have a bit of rain, but nothing too major.

Here's Isabel checking out some of the beer, making sure it was safe for party consumption.

Feels heavy, that is a good start.

The box has the right "spring" to it when I wack it.
And it supports my weight. I think the beer passes the Isabel test.
I of course got busy once we had a lot of guests arriving, but did get this picture of Isabel watching a game of cornhole prior to dinner and the rain.
And on Sunday, while I was taking a nap, Geoffrey snapped these pictures. Seems Isabel is ready to go shopping.

Checking out the purse.

Outta my way dad. I have some shopping to do!

See ya!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woohoo - a mini-shopper in training! You've got to start them young to really develop the shopping skills. Looks like she's off to a great start! :)