Thursday, November 19, 2009

MIA and Mia

Just a quick update to let you know that we are not MIA. The past couple weeks have been pretty busy. It all began two weeks ago when Isabel and I boarded a plane to SC and Geoffrey boarded a plane for some work travel. The week was followed up by three lovely events surrounding the wedding of Victoria and Chris (I was in the wedding). Throwing in work, an airline delay on Geoffrey's end, a few CPR classes and normal life with an active toddler, one isn't left with much time to blog or download pictures. Hopefully next week I'll have a major update on the photo end, as there are plenty of good ones to share. Geoffrey and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary on Wednesday and are lucky enough to be having my mom come up for the weekend so we can take a short getaway, just the two of us. To say that I cannot wait would be an understatement.

As for the other part of this post - we have a name! No middle name yet, but we will be naming our second daughter Mia. Isabel is actually mostly responsible for coming up with the name. After the sonogram we had been talking about names and would jokingly ask Isabel what we should name her sister. At one point, she started chanting "Mia, mia, mia." thought it sounded more like "Meeea, Meeea, Meeea." Geoffrey and I both kind of looked at one another and said, Hmm, I really like that. Mia?! We let it sit for our respective trips and decided on Friday that would indeed be the name. I love being able to call the bean by name now, and Isabel likes to identify clothes that are Mia's (we got a few new things in Aiken), and will point to what will be Mia's room and say "Mia's (pause) room" very matter of factly. We hope she will be just as excited to meet Mia, as she is about naming her room, clothing and other items that will be the baby's.

2 comments:

Kate and Michael Craft said...

Awesome name! Maybe she'll be a great soccer player like Mia Hamm. ;) At least that's what I think about when I hear the name Mia. :) Have an AWESOME weekend!

Victoria said...

I love the name Mia... great name. I'm still so excited for you guys to have two girls.