Tuesday, March 20, 2007

3 tiles to go...

...until the shower walls are done. Today I stopped off at HD for another big bucket of mortar and got to work. I was able to use the fancy drill bit I got, to drill large holes in the tile for the pipes. It took a lot of time and was quite an arm workout!
Not too much new to report. I finished off the second shower wall and stopped short of the final row on the shower wall with the faucet etc. I needed to drill another hole in a tile, to accomodate the shower head, and I didn't think my neighbors would appreciate all the noise, since many of them have small children.
Tomorrow I should be able to drill the hole, throw the final three tiles up and then get a coat of paint on the walls, hopefully all before Nicole & Makayla join me for dinner.
Now for the pictures...
The second shower wall, completely tiled. I also start putting up painters tape. I'm looking forward to this paint job, as I don't have to worry about the floors, or trimming the baseboard. Since the baseboard will go in last, there is no need to be neat!

So close to being done.


Closeup of what the special ceramic tile drill bit can do. And now for the pugs...


General & Gizmo have really been wondering what on earth is going on upstairs. I came home and immediately got to work...which they were ok with until 6pm (dinner time) rolled around. From that point on, they both sat at the top of the stairs, crying and whimpering, until I took my first break at 7:45 and finally fed them. You'd think they hadn't eaten in days.


A final picture of my furry little guys. They look like they are in jail. They are blocked from the upstairs, thanks to the use of a swinging baby gate.

Now its time for my dinner. Perhaps I should start crying to the dogs and see what they have to say. I think I'll also have another glass of that wine I opened on Sunday...


2 comments:

GB Fertig said...

What are you going to blog about when this is all done! Funny that you, Katie, and Drew are all doing home improvement projects at the same time.

BuescherBlog said...

Oh I have many more things on my list :). I'd like to tackle the master bath, the kitchen, lots of things in the yard...and the list goes on.

I can also just blog about the pugs!