Friday, April 24, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love

Sometimes in life things hit you harder than others, and Monday was one of those times. Monday night, I received the heart wrenching news that one of my "blog friends" (a friend of Katie's whom I'd met a few times, but we kept up with one anothers families via our blogs) had lost her youngest son, 3.5 month old Lukas, most likely due to SIDS. Although I was not close with Natasha or her family, the news hit me hard and I could not help but mourn the loss of Lukas' sweet life. In the days that followed I read Natasha's blog updates and was amazed over and over by her love and faith in God, and her choice to continue to live and love, despite her family's great loss. So this week I've chosen to really focus on all that is good in the world, especially in our own little world, because despite all the bad there is so much good that God gives us each and every day, if we take the time to recognize it.

"LIVE every moment, LAUGH every day, LOVE beyond words."

No comments: