Monday, April 6, 2009

Busy, Busy Weekend

We had a very busy, but extremely fun weekend. Although I'd rather be enjoying a bowl of ice cream, I decided to do a few pictures and then make that my end reward :).

This first picture isn't from the weekend, but shows Isabel's "new do." One of Isabel's teachers has been commenting about how Isabel needs a haircut...except I really didn't want to give Isabel bangs. Another teacher knew this and came up with this solution. It normally sits to the side instead of straight up, and is the perfect solution to keeping her hair out of her eyes. She doesn't mess with it either, which surprised me.


Friday evening Isabel and I drove to the Vienna Metro to pick up my Uncle Tim, Aunt Kathy and cousin Angela, who had spent part of spring break in DC proper doing the tourist thing. We spent the afternoon hanging out (while enjoying some beverages) and ended the night with pizza. I wasn't on my best photo game, but did manage to snap a shot of Angela and Isabel. Angela was so good with Isabel and we are looking forward to seeing them all again in June.


Saturday morning Isabel and I were up bright and early (per Isabel's lovely 5:30 wake-up) and started preparations for Katie & Michael's baby shower. Isabel was a great helper and played with her kitchen toys while I whipped up frosting for the cupcakes and made a white bean dip (yummy!). Coelle came over before the big event and everything went off great, and it seems as though everyone had a good time.

Isabel helping by riding around in the sling while we did the final preparations.

Laughing at the silly game, though the picture is more to show Isabel in her super cute outfit that Tim, Kathy & Angela brought. The little capris are just too much...so I decided I needed to do laundry that Saturday morning so she could wear her new outfit to the party.

The mommy and daddy to be.

I'll give you one guess as to what is in those bottles...and no, it is not apple juice.


Sunday was much more of a relaxing day. Anne, Jon and Jack joined us for lunch and we hung out on the sun porch watching Isabel and Jack play together...and by play together I mean play next to one another.
Jack pointing to Geoffrey and "grunting"...which translated to "Geoffrey, build me another tower."

Jack building a tower of his own while Isabel tests out the quality of the yogurt containers (which we have been saving to repurpose for starting seeds...but they happen to entertain children as well)
Isabel hard at work on her own tower.

Later on in the afternoon the uncles joined us at the house. We grilled since the weather was so nice and even lit the fire pit. I cant' even begin to tell you how happy I am that the weather is turning warm and that grilling season is here.

Eric and Isabel identifying animals. As you can see, Isabel loves her red chair. She will be playing away in the middle of the room with a toy, musical instrument etc and all of a sudden get the desire to read. She'll drop what she is doing, crawl over and onto the chair, turn herself around so she is sitting in the chair and just smile and wait whoever is in the room comes over to sit down beside her with a book.

Uncle Kevin playing with the hippo...I mean playing with Isabel and the hippo :)


Not from this weekend, but this morning Isabel was having a great time sticking her feet in her mouth while waiting for me to come and read to her.


And now that bowl of ice cream is calling my name...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is getting so tall! Yay for spring!

Sarah Marie said...

I can't believe how much Isabel looks like a little girl now instead of a baby. She is gorgeous!