Monday, August 31, 2009

Big Sister In Training

You know that things are getting back to normal when new pictures have been posted :). After a tough week my body seems to be adjusting to the meds and things are getting back to our usual state of chaos.

Isabel definitely understands what a baby is...though I think she hasn't a clue that the baby we keep talking about will be living with us as of March. Its fun to see her get excited about seeing babies at church, the grocery store and even in pictures. She also discovered baby Kathy, one of my baby CPR manikins (more on why I have those in a later post). She insisted I bring her out on Friday morning and spent at least half an hour in the kitchen with her. Then, later on in the day she would get the idea of a baby in her head, and go off looking for her. I need to find a better replacement for Kathy, and one that is realistic looking, since she is not nearly as interested in her baby dolls as she is baby Kathy.

Here is Isabel carrying the baby around.


Giving the baby a kiss.

Inspecting the baby and preparing to identify her body parts.


Ear...


A nice hug for the baby.




Apparently baby Kathy wants to take a ride.



Or maybe she wants to go in the playroom.



Actually, she did want to take a ride. In the basket of the riding toy.




Repositioning the baby.

Or perhaps she'll just lay on the riding toy.












Alright, I'm bored. I've had enough of baby...



Although Isabel has her very loving and tender moments with "the baby" she also very much enjoyed standing the baby on its head and then letting it topple over. I'm thinking she won't be left alone with the real baby for a long time after he/she is born.

And, because I'm feeling so good, a couple bonus pictures. Isabel enjoys accessorizing, and loves to wear her sunglasses inside the house. She will hold them up to her face until someone attaches the velcro in back.



Of course every little girl can't stop with the sunglasses, so often mom's workout watch is added to the mix.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Aunt Megan is going to the toy store right now to get that girl a real baby doll. That is the scariest baby I've ever seen. BTW in case you didn't know I have a major phobia of baby dolls - no kidding. Thank goodness I have boys!