Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sweet Little Isabel

I know I mainly use this blog for picture updates, but I had to share the following story that played out at our house yesterday evening.

Yesterday afternoon I was spending some quality time staring into the toilet for the second time in half an hour (keep reading if you can't guess why), and feeling pretty darn beaten and just crummy. Isabel was around and comes running over to me chanting "hi hi hi" in her cute little soft yet super happy voice and brought me a toy. As I finished my "session" I looked over at her, hoping I wouldn't scare her too much, as I'm sure I looked just lovely. She then took another step towards me, gave me a kiss on the cheek, then threw her arms around my neck and gave me the biggest hug ever (this coming from a girl who usually doesn't give hugs regularly and kisses are usually prompted). I just melted and the tears welled up in my eyes, as I just couldn't get over the sweet little signs of love Isabel had given me...and at a time when I really could use them.

So, if you hadn't guessed it by now, I'm pregnant...10 weeks along to be "exact." Baby #2's due date is March 16th...just 3 days after Isabel's birthday. We couldn't be more excited about expanding our family and welcoming another new life into this world. Being pregnant for the second time definitely is much different from the first. Now that we have Isabel, she remains our focus, instead of pondering "what fruit or vegetable does the baby compare to this week?" I'm definitely experiencing quite a bit of morning/noon/night sickness, and am hopeful it will come to an end here soon. But, as I know from my last pregnancy, the time is totally worth it, sick or not sick. I hadn't planned on sharing this news primarily through the blog, so please forgive me if you haven't received a personal phone call or email. As you can imagine life is pretty crazy, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Stay tuned for future postings to include the life of "baby bean" as we are calling the little guy/girl for now.


6 comments:

Nova461 said...

Congrats guys! We were wondering when this news would come. :)

Good luck with the "morning" sickness...we look forward to reading about how to be pregnant with a toddler...

GB Fertig said...

Congrats! I really do need to bring Alicia out for a visit some time in the near future.

coelle said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! :) SOOO happy for you three (four?)!! :P

Chris Glasnapp said...

Congratulations to both of you! Very exciting! I should come visit more. :o Hope you feel better soon...

Victoria said...

Yeah!! Congratulations... more family to love. That is the best. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Natascha said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is truly wonderful news!