Monday, September 14, 2009

Beginning of September

We kicked off the month of September by watching the hokies take on Alabama. Although we didn't win, we had a lot of fun watching Isabel run around in her hokie shirt for the first 5 or so minutes of the game. Here are a couple shots of Uncle Eric and Isabel during the pre-game (Uncle Kevin was in Atlanta for the big event).



The Tuesday after Labor Day meant back to school for Isabel. Isabel is no longer a Junior Infant and is now in the "monkey" classroom. She did great on both Tuesday and Thursday, which surprised me since Isabel is usually slow to warm up in new situations. She seems to like the new classroom and new toys, especially the transportation table that has lots of airplanes. Here she is on her "first day of school" both with and without her new school shoes. Gotta love pink :).




This past weekend Grandma & Grandpa Buescher came up for a visit. I didn't really take any pictures, but we all had a lot of fun. Saturday afternoon was our neighborhood picnic (which I was in charge of), and Isabel enjoyed the moonbounce slide, which she rode on twice. I wish I'd had my camera, but it will have to wait for next year. It is a BIG slide and she just loved it.
This morning I made the mistake of leaving the hokie bird on the table during breakfast time. Because it was in sight Isabel insisted on holding the hokie bird in one arm while eating with her free hand. It made for a silly sight, but won't be happening again. I explained that stuffed animals were not welcome at the table, which I'm sure she completely understood :).



Isabel got a balloon on Saturday, and had a great time playing with it yesterday, since it was partially deflated. Geoffrey decided to take a little video of it.


No comments: