Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It Must Be Genetic...

...a Bueschers love for airplanes that is. Of course Isabel has been learning lots about airplanes since day one from Geoffrey, but lately she is looking for them whenever we are outside and listening for them, naming them, imitating them etc.

Last night during her bath, the following took place.

Splashing in the water, playing with toys etc, all of a sudden Isabel says "Airplane!" (though sounds more like airpeen). Yes, Isabel, that is an airplane, as I too hear the noise from outside. Isabel - "VRRRRRrrrrr." As I try to say something else I get a "no!" (as in no, don't talk), and she sits, absolutely still in the tub, focused on the noise until we no longer can hear it, then bath time progresses as usual.

I'm guessing that a) Isabel will really enjoy the Oceana air show this year and b) it won't be before long that Isabel can identify more airplanes than her mom. She already can identify a firefly, that Geoffrey has on a shirt. Don't ask me what a firefly is though. I'll tell you a glowing bug, which isn't the desired answer...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A firefly is a British-built 2-seat fighter used in World War 2 and Korea. Duh.

coelle said...

HA! I used to do that when I was a very little kid, too. I would hear a plane and scream "AIRPAIN AIRPAIN!!", look and point in the sky. My mother would look and see a dot. Too funny. :)