Sunday, October 25, 2009

Airplane & Air Show

I'm still waiting to get the pictures Geoffrey took, but until that happens, here are some pictures pre-air show of Isabel and her airplane, followed by some pictures taken by Grandma Buescher.

As I'd mentioned before, Geoffrey worked like a mad man to get Isabel's VT airplane completed for the airshow. He arrived home Friday afternoon and put the finishing touches on the airplane before giving it to Isabel. She was thrilled and is loving that she has her own "airpeen" to fly around. So far the only casualty has been in the form of 4 broken prop blades, which we knew would happen, as the kit wasn't designed for a rotating prop. Geoffrey will be working on his own design in the coming weeks to make something a bit more toddler proof.






The weather at the air show was just plain crummy. It was cold and and the cloud "ceiling" was really low...which meant most of the jets weren't able to fly. Isabel still enjoyed herself as you can see in the pictures below. I was also grateful to be able to borrow a super warm sherpa lined jacket for Isabel. She was toasty warm the entire time and I think I'll be purchasing one of these in a more girly color. Thank you "Aunt" Megan for the use of the coat :).


While things weren't flying Isabel entertained herself by securing the strap once used for her infant car seat...its nice that little things can provide such amusement.


Isabel and I stopped for some pictures at this airplane at Geoffrey's request. I couldn't tell you what kind of airplane it is, but will find out.


We spent the remainder of the weekend relaxing with Grandma and Grandpa Buescher. Isabel enjoyed playing with the toys from the "special bin" and reading some new books...even a board book version of Cinderella. Both Dad and Grandpa had to roll their eyes at this one.

And finally, some fun(ny) pictures of the family. I asked Grandma B to take a family picture of us, but didn't realize until after I saw these that sitting on an overstuffed sofa that reclines doesn't make for the best photo angle. But, we at least have a picture to send in with Isabel to her classroom.




More pictures to come later this week of our adventure to Cox Farms and our halloween play date. I'd hoped to get those pictures up tonight, but I'm loading pictures to order prints (I'm ashamed to say it has been a year since I last printed paper pictures), and it is slowing down bloggers ability to upload.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That airplane is AWESOME! Great job!