Friday, October 2, 2009

New Babies

No, the real baby isn't here yet (still 24 weeks to go) but we do have some new babies in the house. At playgroup on Tuesday Isabel fell in love with her friend Anna's baby doll. I had given Isabel the doll I had as a child, but she has shown little interest in it. This other doll, which was slightly bigger and more life like (?), caught her eye. It was about time for Isabel to have her own baby anyways, so after work on Thursday we stopped at Target. It seems a lot of other parents had the same idea, as this was the only "normal" baby left in the store. All the others talked, cried, went potty or some other crazy stuff I wasn't interested in. This doll happen to come in a set with a stroller, and so into the cart it went. I took the doll out once we reached the car and she happily held and talked to the baby the whole way home. Once we got in the door, I opened up the stroller which made Isabel's eyes light up. She knew exactly where the baby should go and off she went. She didn't stop but for a few seconds, so it was hard to get good pictures, as the SLR was upstairs. But I think you'll get the idea that she loves this baby and certainly enjoys the stroller.

Taking a quick break.

And now back to the business of strolling.


Now let me turn and go the other way.


When I ask Isabel to smile, she puts on a big goofy grin and shakes her head from side to side. Which works well if you catch her facing, and not so well at any other time (those pictures went to the trash can).






Giving the baby a kiss.


And now a hug...


It seems the baby needs her pacifier.


Yep, that should do the trick.


Its only been a day, but I have really enjoyed seeing Isabel take to this new baby. I think (hope) it will help her to have a baby of her own to take care of come March, when she has to adjust to the real baby being in the house.
As for the other "baby", this one is mine, but isn't the type of baby you think of. Earlier this year I decided that I wanted to start a business, a CPR and First Aid training business to be exact, following the model of my mother's previous business in Richmond. I came home one day from work, announced this to Geoffrey and he responded "well then do it!" So I did. My initial focus will be teaching moms and dads what I consider to be invaluable life saving skills. I completed my instructor course in May, filed the appropriate paperwork with the state, enlisted my very talented brother-in-law Peter to design a website and now am officially open for business. The company is called Heart Pro and you can view the website at www.heartprocpr.com . I'm just a wee bit excited about this, and have very high hopes of what I can do and who I can help in the future. So wish me luck, as I'll certainly need a bit of that too!

2 comments:

Kate and Michael Craft said...

Hey! Your site is awesome! I LOVE the design on the right and the pictures are super nice. :) GOOD LUCK! I'm sure this will go great and it's such a good thing you're doing. Also, glad I likes her doll! She's such a cutie. Have a great weekend!

coelle said...

Yeah! How cute is Isabel. :) I'm so excited for you and your company!! :)