Monday, October 19, 2009

Toddlers Talking...a mixed blessing :)

We are back from a nice and relaxing weekend in VA Beach. It was supposed to be filled with airplanes, airplanes and more airplanes, but Mother Nature had other plans. We did make it to the air show for a couple hours on Saturday and Isabel loved what she saw and had a great time. There will be pictures from the weekend coming shortly, but I had to post this little funny story from the weekend.

Sunday morning we were at the 7am mass, sitting in the cry room, since Isabel is not quite ready for the sit still and be quiet routine of going to church. Because we were there so early, a lot of the older folks decided it would be better to sit in the cry room instead of the regular church (scared of germs maybe?). We were the only people there with a child, but there were at least 10-15 other adults listening to mass there as well. About halfway through, my pregnancy bladder told me I needed to take a quick trip to the ladies room. Isabel started getting upset that I was leaving and crying "mommy!", so Geoffrey whispered in her ear that I was going to the bathroom to "pee pee", which settled her down. About 5 minutes later I return and Isabel starts saying with delight "Mommy pee pee! pee pee! pee pee!" I'm surprised that nobody started laughing, as I could barely contain myself. Thank you my sweet Isabel for sharing such wonderful information with the others in the cry room. It will definitely be a while before we start going to mass in the main area. :)

2 comments:

coelle said...

LOL! That is hilarious!! Gotta love Miss Isabel!! :)

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, anytime Nathan passes gas, quite or not he will loudly announce - "Mommy butt smells". Ahhh, thank you Sam for that one. It was a tad funny at home, not so much in the middle of Target.