Friday, February 5, 2010

Fun With Brick Blocks Fun with Brick Blocks

Back in the day, my mom and dad took the time to save 1/2 gallon paper milk cartons, put one into the other, so there would be two solid ends and then covered them in "brick" contact paper to make giant brick blocks. My brothers and I had countless hours playing with them (they were rainy or snowy day favorite). I was super excited when my parents told me they had saved them and planned to bring them to Vienna during one of their trips.

When we got our third snow of the winter on Tuesday night and playgroup was cancelled for Wed morning, I knew we had to do something fun or else we both might go crazy. So I got the blocks from the basement and Isabel had a blast. She enjoys rotating between stacking them herself (sometimes with help), other times just making lines with them, or having them stacked up as walls to knock over. Her favorite is when Geoffrey makes a snowflake (??? not sure why she calls it this) around her and she gets to bust out of it all at once. Since we have more snow, I've left the blocks out and will put them away early next week when hopefully the snow melts, and we can once again get outside.















No comments: