Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sooner Rather than Later???

All along during this pregnancy journey, I'd gotten it in my head that first babies are late and just carried along in my head that Isabel would probably arrive a week or two after March 15th. So it came as quite a shock when I went for my 38 week checkup on Friday to have the doctor tell me to plan on this Friday being my last day. Isabel has definitely dropped and is at a minus 1 station (for those of you up on your birthing lingo). No dilation yet, but I am 75% effaced. After telling me I should stop working in a week, the doctor also said he believes Isabel will arrive in a week to 10 days. Not that there is any exact science to predicting all of this, but the doc sounded pretty confident. So provided I make it through this week, Friday, March 7th will be my last day of work as a full time employee. Wow. After that I will take about 10 weeks off post Isabel and then return to work part-time, working 2 days a week. I can't wait.

I've been crossing things off the to-do list, now that my timeline has been moved up a couple weeks. Next on the list is carseat installation, which Geoffrey and I will tackle this evening. And I'll get those nursery pictures taken and uploaded, along with a belly picture.

1 comment:

Kate and Michael Craft said...

oooh exciting!! :) Glad things are going well! can't wait to meet the little one. I'll be coming up sometine before June for Jill's bridal shower (date's not set yet) so I'll coordinate coming by to meet Isabel! I'll keep you all in my prayers this week! Lots of love!