Monday, October 1, 2007

Changing of the Closet

Well, its starting to happen. Right around the 16 week mark I noticed a little bump on my tummy and that my clothes were fitting just a wee bit snugger than usual. It was definitely weird to have this solid mass where a once flat tummy was...but I love it. I can't wait for the bump to actually pop, so I can rub the belly and the baby inside. So, with the coming of the bump comes new clothes. Thankfully, I have a wonderful friend, Megan, who passed down to me all of her maternity clothes...and there are a ton! Unfortunately Megan is about 5'2" and well, the 7" difference I have on her wouldn't work so well in the pant area. So today I headed to the mall after work to Old Navy and Motherhood Maternity. It was an interesting experience, as I learned that maternity pants are usually stretchy from top to bottom and just pull up...almost like I've regressed to the jeans you put on little babies and toddlers. But, they are super comfy and move in and out as I breath.

So tonight begins the official changing of the closet. It is usually around this time of year, as the temperature drops, that I get very excited about pulling out sweaters, cords and other cool weather clothing. Well this year, the same clothing I get excited about is being put away in storage. Along with my jeans, pretty dress slacks, shirts and anything else that I know I won't be wearing until next summer if I'm lucky. And its strange to be putting these things away, not knowing if I will ever even fit into them again (though hopefully with a jogging stroller I will get back in shape come March). But at the same time I couldn't be more excited. Excited to know that these clothes will accomodate my growing belly and the baby inside. Excited that these clothes will show the world I am pregnant. And extra excited that during the holidays I won't really worry about what I eat...as the baby certainly needs to develop a taste for christmas cookies and it will be hard to tell what was Heather eating too much and what was the baby :).

Well, dinner is calling my name...I'm going to go and put those expandable pants to good use.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Yeah! I was waiting to hear when you were going to start to get the bump. Another great place for maternity clothing is Target. A friend of mine got the majority of her clothing there. I sure wish Old Navy & Target were available when we began our family. Good luck with the changing of the closet. Waiting to see pictures of the growing tummy as well. :)

Love you guys!

Kate and Michael Craft said...

alright! making progress! I'm sure there'll be many laughs when you get to the stage when people are like "um, are you pregnant?" As they're afriad of offending you if you're just overweight! That's just too funny. :)